Thursday, September 1, 2011

Soccer Balls

A friend of mine asked me a little while ago if I could do some soccer ball cake pops for her daughters last soccer game.  I accepted the challenge but I almost changed my mind quite a few times.  Firstly, I didn't realise that a soccer ball is made up of pentagons *and* hexagons.  I did a few test subjects and quickly found out that if my cake balls weren't perfectly shaped then there was no way the soccer design was going to work on them.  After cutting out a total of 198 pentagons from black fondant by hand (!!), this was the result:

Soccer Ball Cake Pops

Phew!!  From now on if anyone wants soccer balls I am seriously charging $3 per pop!!  They look great though, right??

1 comment:

  1. You did a great job!!
    http://taliascreativeprinting.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete