Sunday, September 11, 2011

Chickens, Roosters, Pigs and Bears!

I decided to tackle chickens again because I wasn't overly happy with my first attempt and I would like to avoid using fondant "accessories" where possible!

This time I molded the cake into the shape I thought best resembled a chicken and then added features after they'd been dipped.  This process ended up being quite easy.  The added bonus is that there are less parts to fall off during packaging and transportation.

Chicken Cake Pops

The roosters were quite similar but with an added peak (or mohawk) at the top.

Rooster Cake Pops


I think the pigs can do with a little more fine tuning as I would like the nose section to be a bit less subtle.  I did dust them over with some pink lustre dust but I will experiment a little more with them.

Pig Cake Pops

And finally, the bears.  My two darling boys tell me they are dogs so perhaps there is a little more work required on these too??  I'm thinking some textured "fur" might just do the trick!

Bear Cake Pops

I've also discovered that it is quite easy to just use dark cooking chocolate for the eyes, rather than trying to dye the melts to a suitable black colour.  It's also easier to dot them on using a skewer or toothpick, rather than trying to pipe them on (which is why my bears (dogs!) eyes look a little funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment