Saturday, March 3, 2012

La-La Bird Cake
La-La Bird Cake

I really like the way this one turned out.  It was for a friend’s little girl who was turning two.  We’d found inspiration from Elite Cake Designs and I was able to cut out the shapes early and leave them to dry.  This was also a white chocolate mud cake, baked in a 22cm round tin (well, two tins actually as the first attempt to bake the cake was a bit of a disaster!).  I really liked the fact that I didn’t have to spend time colouring the fondant for the cake, I could just use it straight out of the packet.  I was lucky that there wasn’t too much piping on it though, that red royal icing tasted horrible!!

Drill Cake
Drill Cake

I had a lot of fun making this one.  I wasn’t sure about the height to begin with, I thought a single layer would be too thin but a double layer would be too thick – in the end I went with the double layer.  This was a chocolate mud cake baked in two 20x30cm tins.  I managed to cut the drill out in three pieces and used the majority of the cake up, which means less leftovers that I feel obligated to eat!  The only problem with it was using all that black and grey buttercream, the kids didn’t seem to mind their black mouths though.  Oh and I forgot to take an actual photo of this one – I can’t believe I did it – the only photo I have is from my mobile phone which explains why it looks so bad!!

No comments:

Post a Comment